CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19): LATEST INFORMATION FOR EMPLOYEES STUDENTS
COVID -19 Funding Disclosure
Dear American Beauty School’s students:
American Beauty Schools has been awarded funding from the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) authorized by the recent Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act. To comply with federal requirements for the grant, the institution is disclosing the following information:
- The institution acknowledges that it has signed and returned to the Department of Education the required Certification Agreement for funding.
- American Beauty Schools has received $19,097.00 from the U. S. Department of Education pursuant to the Institution certification and agreement for Emergency and Financial Aid Grants to Students.
- As of May 19th, 2020, the institution had 14 eligible students. All eligible students were sent by mail emergency grant checks under Section 18004(a)(1).
- The Department of Education defined eligible students as students who had a disruption in their education due to the COVID 19 pandemic. International students, undocumented students, and students who enrolled prior to March 13, 2020, in an online program were not eligible for funding from this grant. Only students who were eligible to receive financial aid funding were eligible for the emergency grant.
- The institution awarded emergency grant funds to students based on the number of our active title IV eligible population divided into the total amount of student portion allocated, and funds were distributed equally to students for their expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus. Eligible expenses can include food, housing, course materials, technology, and other expenses included in a student’s cost of attendance.
- Enclosed with the check was a memo to students stating that by accepting the check students were agreeing to use the fund's expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus. Eligible expenses can include food, housing, course materials, technology, and other expenses included in a student’s cost of attendance.
Several notices were sent to students regarding the emergency grant along with requests for students to update their addresses and contact information. Any students who are eligible for the grant but have not received a check or if a student has a question regarding the funds, please contact the financial aid office at the Institution - 786-558-9608.
American Beauty Schools hopes that this money will provide students with some relief. Please be healthy and know that we are here to help you continue pursuing your educational goals.
Disclosure Regarding Temporary Approval of Distance Education
Students who enroll in a course that is currently being delivered via virtual synchronous delivery are reminded that this will only last through the temporary approval provided by the Florida Commission on Independent Education. The virtual synchronous portion of the program will cease, likely during the time you are participating in the program. When the temporary approval ends, the remainder of the program will revert to in-person teaching on campus.
Current/active students who have moved from the on-campus, in-person teaching format to temporary virtual synchronous format for their courses are reminded their courses will return to on-campus format once the temporary approval ends.
Please contact the Schools Director or Financial Aid Director if you have any questions or concerns.